Wednesday, August 16, 2006

the most important time is now - tomorrow's a projection

Life changes so fast. I can't believe we're already halfway through August. I feel like I say this same thing every month, but it always blows me away.
South America seems so far away from me now, as I live just outside of Washington D.C. in Arlington, Virginia. I have been working as a photo editor intern at Washingtonpost.com for a little over a month now. I really enjoy the work that I do - making photo galleries, editing audio, etc. - though I do go a bit stir crazy from time to time sitting in a dark office 8 hours per day. But luckily, they offered me a follow-up internship when this one ends to work as a shooter. I can do documentary stories with photo and audio and/or learn video. I'm pretty excited about this new opportunity and the fact that I will be able to stay here in the DC area. Though I was a little concerned about the outcome of it all at first, my living situation is working out very well and I've been having a lot of fun.

But it is a little strange to not go back to school this fall. I am taking an online class, so technically I'm still a student this semester, but this is the first semester I have not been sitting in a classroom since I was .. 5? And then I go back in January to finish my last 13 hours of classes and then I'm done for good. Or until I get the itch to go to grad school. Which I do foresee.

I guess I just have to take it by the day. See what happens.

(Top Image: Chilean graffiti in Valparaiso; Bottom Image: Brad and I playing cards in our apartment)

1 Comments:

At 11:05 AM , Blogger Alison Yin said...

winny i love your bracelet

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home